Important Visa Information
I. In accordance with the on the simplification of visa formalities for nationals of the Russian Federation and nationals of the United States of America, the US citizens shall as a rule be issued multiple-entry business, private, humanitarian and tourist visas that are valid for three years (36 months) from the date of issue of the visa.
Please have a look at the for the submission of additional information regarding 3-year multiple-entry business, private, humanitarian, and tourist visas.
IN THIS RESPECT – FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE FULL IMPLEMENTATION OF THE AGREEMENT ON THE SIMPLIFICATION OF VISA FORMALITIES - IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT US CITIZENS APPLY FOR THREE YEAR MULTIPLE-ENTRY BUSINESS, PRIVATE, HUMANITARIAN AND TOURIST VISAS REGARDLESS OF THE PERIOD OF STAY STATED IN THEIR INVITATIONS.
II. Dear US Applicants,
1. According to the Agreement it is recommended that you submit your documents for obtaining a 3-year multiple-entry visa at least 8 working days prior to your intended date of entry into Russia.
2. When filling out the electronic visa application form at: http://visa.kdmid.ru please choose «multiple» from the drop-down menu and indicate a 3-year period of stay starting from the date of entry in your visa support documents (invitation).
3. Your Visa Application must be accompanied by an invitation from the hosting party. Copies or facsimilies of the invitation are acceptable.
4. A multiple-entry visa allows subsequent trips with a purpose other than what was initially indicated in the visa. Thus, the new purpose of each trip and information on the new hosting organization must be indicated in the Migration Card form in order to clear Russian customs and border control.
5. The passport of the applicant, as a rule, must be valid for at least full six months after the visa expiry date.
Under the agreement between the Embassy of the Russian Federation to the United States of America and the company «Invisa Logistics Services LLC», in improving visa services, US citizens, foreign nationals and stateless persons may apply for all Russian visa types at the above-mentioned company's . The company is nationwide, with five offices: .
Please be advised that the current Visa Center service fee is $ 33.00 per visa.
Consular visa tariffs remain the same.
For more information visit .
For your convenience, you may reach Call-Center Representatives at:
(202) 827-0880 or e-mail your inquiries to: [email protected]
Monday-Friday (Eastern Time)
9.00 a.m. - 1 p.m.
2.00 p.m. - 9.00 p.m.
Technical break: 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Call-Center Representatives are standing by to answer any questions you may have regarding the visa process or general consular inquiries.
IV. Foreign applicants for Russian visas can apply directly to the Consular Division of the Embassy of the Russian Federation.
Prior to submitting your visa application to Russian consulate you must make an appointment on the following web-site. For applying directly you are required to appear in person for a visa interview at the Consular Division from 9 a.m. till 12.15 p.m. Please, comply with the general visa obtaining procedure and have available all the documents concerning your trip. Tourist\visa processing agencies have to submit applications to the ILS only.
V. All applications for Russian visas submitted in the United States must be prepared using the electronic visa application form at the website http://visa.kdmid.ru.
Russian visa applications prepared using the old format or in a different way are not accepted any more.
VII. Information for Turkish citizens
In accordance with the Decree № 583, issued by the President of the Russian Federation on November 28, 2015, the procedure for entering the Russian Federation for citizens of the Republic of Turkey, bearers of a regular Turkish passports, has been revised.
As of January 1, 2016, Turkish citizens bearing said passports will be required to obtain a Russian visa issued by a diplomatic or consular division of the Russian Federation. (For more information please visit our website http://visa.kdmid.ru.).
This does not affect Turkish citizens:
- bearing temporary residency permits or permanent residency cards for the territory of the Russian Federation;
- bearers of special or official passports, traveling to the Russian Federation for less than 30 days;
- bearing special or official passports who are working at diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Turkey on the territory of the Russian Federation, and their family members who hold valid special or official Turkish passports;
- or Turkish citizens who hold a Seaman's Passport, provided they are entering for maritime purposes on ship orders.